POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any tool to transform objects to meshes : Re: Any tool to transform objects to meshes Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any tool to transform objects to meshes
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 20 May 2006 20:37:17
Message: <446fb63d@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there any tool or way to create meshes out of objects (such as unions,
> basic shapes, differences or intersections)?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Sven

There's a way to do it in povray's SDL, which is kinda clunky.

It essentially would turn this:
http://flickr.com/photos/pterandon/32127796/in/set-110545/

into this:
http://flickr.com/photos/pterandon/30766135/in/set-110545/

I'd have to find out where and if I've published my own code for this.  But
it involved the trace function and the makemesh macros.